Sunday, March 2, 2008

Shoes

I never thought that putting shoes on a baby would require the teamwork of 2 grown adults! William just can't seem to keep socks on - is always moving his feet, kicking them off - and his feet are finally "big" enough for his darling WeeBoks Aunt Joanie got him. Since we were heading off to Long Beach yesterday for a visit with family, we thought we'd give the shoes a whirl. John was finishing getting ready, and I was sitting on the bed, Baby in lap, thinking I'd just "slip 'em on"....HA! What a joke! For some reason he thought he'd be "helpful" and curl his toes down while I tried putting the shoes on...I twisted and turned the shoes for a full 3 minutes, then, in triumph, I declared to John that I had been victorious with getting the right shoe on! Whatever. The moment I tried to put on the left one, William gave a small kick and the right one popped off....guess I forgot to secure the heal in the shoe. So I abandoned the left foot, and continued jamming the right one on. About this time John had finished getting ready and was wondering if we were ready to get into the truck. Yeah right. I quickly enlisted his help in this "fun" project. We decided that I'd hold William and distract him with little Geoffry (his giraffe) while John put the shoes on. 15 minutes later we had won the war with the curling toes, and both feet had been successfully shod! Due the incredible labor involved, John had to towel off the sweat that had beaded on his forehead before heading out the door! (Now where do we buy a baby shoe horn!?!)

2 comments:

Tennisc G said...

LOVE the Weeboks! What a cute picture!!

Aunt Gina

Grandma A said...

YEAH, YOU DID IT!! EACH TIME WILL GET EASIER AND EASIER....TRY MASSAGING HIS FOOT A LITTLE BEFORE PUTTING THEM INTO THE SHOE....SOMETIMES THAT WORKS...=) YOU'LL FIGURE OUT WHAT WORKS BEST SOON!
HE'S JUST A "CUTE" LI'L GUY AND ALREADY TO GO.......=)
LOVE YA, GRANDMA "A"