Monday, January 5, 2009

A New Year!

I am back! Not only from my family's Christmas vacation but also from a self-imposed blogging vacation. I was just too busy with Christmas activities to keep up the blogging, but now I'm back, fully refreshed and ready for a new year!

The three of us took a wonderful family vacation this Christmas to Oregon to visit John's parents and Aunt and Uncle and cousin. We all had a great time! It was so nice for me to be able to sleep in a little longer, not have to think about cooking meals, be able to go on dates with my husband, and visit with family we don't see very often.

Over all, we covered more than 2500 miles! I have to admit that I wasn't looking forward to the road trip because of William, but he was such a trooper! I packed a huge bag of goodies and toys for him, but I didn't have to dig out even half of it. He entertained himself with the kid's music we played, ate "nummies", and slept. It was a great road trip.

William did cut more teeth while in Oregon, which made him more cranky than normal, however. Why is it that teeth feel the need to poke through while on vacation??

On the way back home we, along with John's parents, spent a few days in the Redwoods. What a lovely place! This picture is a little washed out...
We also stopped and spent the night with our friends in the San Francisco area. We went to Train Town and Sonoma's first winery.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

3 comments:

Tennisc G said...

Sounds like a great trip!
Can't wait to see more pix from the Redwoods, etc...

Love ya,
Gina

Grandma A said...

IT WAS A GREAT TRIP!!! GLAD WE WERE ABLE TO GO TO THE REDWOODS WITH YOU
AND ENJOY THE BEAUTY OF GOD'S HANDI-WORK.....

LOVE YA,
GRANNY "A"

Unknown said...

Founds you through blogher...you have a beautiful family!