Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Love Celebration!

Blech!

Okay, seriously now...instead of just celebrating our love ONE day, we decided to make a week of it. Tonight we're having our annual filet mignon, along with all the sides and dessert. John always cooks this meal, so I'm really looking forward to it. It's the only time I ever buy that cut of steak.

William and I went shopping this afternoon to buy the remaining ingredients. (I have to add that I had coupons for this shopping trip, and was able to save $34.47!! I'm not a coupon cutter AT. ALL. But this time it was worth it!) While in the fruit section I noticed that strawberries were on sale. So to surprise John, I bought several quarts, along with some Ghirardelli chocolate to make chocolate covered strawberries. I bought lots, because hello! it's a week of celebration! We might want to fondue later on.



When we got home I washed and dried the berries and allowed them to get to room temp. Then I heated the chocolate in a double boiler and dipped away! They looked so yummy that I decided to try one...or two. Well, my little scavenger saw me, and immediately wanted nummies too! I gave him a bite of the strawberry, and he loved it! I then took another strawberry and dipped it in chocolate - for me. Then I gave William another plain bite of strawberry. Ha! He turned his head and pointed toward the pot of chocolate. Being the wonderful, loving mother that I am, I dipped his in chocolate, too, and gave it to him. He immediately got this huge smile on his face, and proceeded, with his mouth FULL of strawberry, to say "nummy nummy".



So much for the extra berries for fonduing! We'll be back to the store I'm sure! Between the two of us we ate pretty much all of them! They were sure good.


(Looks like he's getting ready for another hair cut! His wings are growing back!)

3 comments:

Tennisc G said...

What a GREAT IDEA to celebrate allll week! ...and with chocolate-dipped strawberries too -- EXCELLENT CHOICE!!

Love ya,
Aunt Gina & Uncle Andy

Grandma A said...

I THINK OL' WILLIAM KNOWS A GOOD THING WHEN HE "TASTES" IT!! WAY TO GO WILLIAM!!! GREAT IDEA CELEBRATING ALL WEEK LONG....=)
HUGS,
GRANNY "A"

Jess said...

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am jealous of a toddler. Those look so yummy!