Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Well I'll be!

It snowed here.  In the desert.  An incredible snow storm blew through here Sunday night and "dumped" (to use the words of the locals) an inch or so of snow.  Obviously Monday was a snow day for the school kids.  I just had to laugh.  I grew up in the snow.  6 months out of the year there was snow on the ground, sometimes drifts many, many feet high.  But an inch...yep.  That will paralyze these desert folks.

Our vehicles are not able to be in the garage.  The reason why is forthcoming in another post.

 William and I immediately got to making a snowman.  The weather was warming up, so the snow was melting, making it the perfect packing snow.  Ignore the lawn mower.  My children obviously aren't around snow enough.  I told them it was a dual use mower - cuts grass AND plows snow!

 The sea gulls were SO confused with all the snow.  (I seriously can't believe I just wrote that.)

 One snowman isn't enough.


Soon the neighbor kids were all having a snowball fight!  Such fun!

1 comment:

Kim H said...

Whoa, that's a crazy thing to wake up to! Snow day for 1"? Seagulls and snow together? At least the kids had a lot of fun playing with it!