Saturday, September 11, 2010

3rd Birthday!

It was William's 3rd birthday today. Man, I feel like it was yesterday that I delivered him. What a long day that was, but oh, so wonderful! This birthday was super fun, as he completely understood that it was his birthday, that he was turning THREE, and the cake, candles, streamers, etc. were for him. He helped me make a cake yesterday, and today I frosted it and he decorated it.There was an area on the cake that was highly concentrated with sprinkles, but it just make that piece extra delicious.

We ordered pizza and the kids had fun (probably too much!) sitting on the picnic table eating. Aside from the spilled juice, utensils in each others drinks, sprinkles everywhere, lots of fun was had! (Have I mentioned how much I LOVE having linoleum? It's my hero.)


He managed to blow out his candles without getting burned, and without spitting too much on the cake.



This big wheel was his present from us. I have more photos of him opening his other gifts, but the kids moved so fast that most are just a blur. My friend took some pictures with her camera (yes, I still don't have a camera, but don't fret! It's on order and should be here soon!) so I'll try to post more when she sends them to me. (No rush Kim! ;-))

After a quick nap, we surprised him with a train ride. He absolutely loved it! Abby, however, was less than thrilled with it, as she wanted to walk up and down the aisles, but William was in heaven.

Anxiously waiting to get on the train!
It's impossible to get them to stand still, look at the camera, and SMILE all at the same time. And my photo composition needs some work, too. Sorry about the chopped off policemen heads.


Abby fell several times this past week, literally on her face, thus the scratched-up nose and upper lip.



Hanging around the station, waiting for our return ride.

John finished getting the big wheel put together and after supper William took it out for a spin! Tomorrow we'll get all the cool stickers put on, but for now, he was just very eager to ride it out in the open...and away from Abby. (He gets quite upset when Abby touches his things!)

Anyway, I think he had a great birthday! Thank you to all who called, skyped, mailed gifts, left messages, and came to his party!

3 comments:

Grandma A said...

WHAT A GREAT 3RD BIRTHDAY!!! HAVING YOUR BEST "BUDS" OVER, PIZZA, CAKE, PRESENTS, ANDDDDDDDDDDDDD A TRAIN RIDE!! WOW, WHAT A LUCKY BOY THAT WILLIAM IS....=) HAPPY 3RD WILLIAM
HUGS, GRANDPA "NUM-NUM" AND GRANNY A

Tennisc G said...

Happy 3rd Birthday, William!
Sounds like such a fun day. Can you take me for a ride on your big wheel??

And I like your t-shirt too... told Uncle Andy you had his shirt on =) Very cool.

Love you
Aunt Gina

Unknown said...

Sounds like it was a wonderous 3rd Birthday! :-) Loved your decorations, and great pictures, camera or no.
~ Deb