Tuesday, September 7, 2010

New Carrier

I recently received this really cool baby carrier, the EcoSash, from Infantino. I had high hopes for it, since it looked very similar to another baby carrier that I had tried and really liked. It's called an EcoSash because there are no buckles, only long....you guessed it, sashes. Once the baby is in the carrier you wrap the various sashes around your body to secure it. That part worked really well for me, since I could get it to fit perfectly around me. It also has a reversible panel so you can choose a pattern or just plain black. I liked the pattern.



This carrier can hold a baby on the back, forward facing on the front, and inward facing on the front. I tried both front positions with Abby and she disliked the inward facing one but liked the outward facing one. Both of these positions were very easy to put her in. Then I tried the back. Oh my. Like the directions say, it is best to have another person to help, and I completely agree. This position is a bit harder to get a baby into. Once she was in, though, she loved it! I suppose because the thing appears to be very comfortable....for the baby. I didn't find this position to work for me, as the shoulder straps kept falling down. I think it would work much better if there was another strap of some sort keeping the two shoulder straps together, so they wouldn't slide down my arms.I think this would would really well for a small baby, as the front positions are great!

I am a participant in a Mom Central campaign for Infantino and have received various Infantino products for my participation.

1 comment:

Kim H said...

Looks pretty cool, and comfy without any hard plastic or metal pieces. Since Zoe hates to be put down, her second home is on my back in the Ergo (where she's out of the way of my hands if I'm doing stuff in the house or grocery shopping; otherwise she's in the front). Getting kids to the back position is tough and it took me a while to figure it out (it's pointless to use the carrier if you have a second person on hand to help put them in; the second person might as well just hold the baby while you get your work done). I don't know if this will work with your carrier, but I first fasten the waist belt (or in your case the sashes) with the carrier in the front position, put the baby in & hold with one hand and bring the carrier up to her back & hold it in place, then kinda bounce/scooch her around to the back and reach back to grab the shoulder straps. My shirt gets all twisted up, but it works. I had to do it a few times backed up to a couch or something soft in case I dropped her during practice, until I became more confident and could do it anywhere. But I agree with you about the chest buckle - I think that's pretty crucial for stability. Maybe use a bandana or scarf to tie one in front?