Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas in Michigan

We are back from our early Christmas vacation with my family! Whew...on a plane for over six hours with two little kids with no Daddy is not something I really want to experience again for...well, a long time. The trip there and back is a post of it's own, and right now I just don't want to go down that road quite so soon after getting back. I'm sure you all understand.

Once we were there, though, we all had a great time! We celebrated an early Christmas, the kids made snowmen (four of them!) with Grandpa, went sledding, made and decorated Christmas cookies with Grandma, and other fun things. (Yes, I'm pretty fried right now and can't think of all the rest of the activities, but I know there are a few of you out there waiting for pictures.)

I love this picture...just makes me laugh! Not one of them is looking! But hey, it's all about the impromptu, right? (Someone please help me out with the word I'm looking for there??)

My parents, who graciously put up with my impossibly cranky kids.


Abby got the cutest Sleeping Beauty costume, complete with loads of bling. (Edit...I said previously that she got a Snow White costume. Whoops. I knew it was a Sleeping Beauty costume, as that's the only Disney princess movie we have...not sure where my brain was!)

Melissa, the bride-to-be, received this sexy little number from yours truly. (No worries, Melissa, I won't post the picture of you actually modeling it!)

It snowed a little, so the kids took Grandpa and Grandma outside for some sledding.

Here is one of the four snowmen that William and Grandpa made. Dad thought one would be good, but William kept insisting on making more!

William also made some Christmas cookies with Grandma. They baked them one day, and then the next they frosted and decorated them. Yum!

I have more pictures, but...right now I just don't have the energy to put them up.

3 comments:

Grandma A said...

LOOKS LIKE A GREAT TIME WAS HAD BY ALL...DON'T WORRY, THE TRIP THERE AND HOME WILL FADE....JUST THE FUN STUFF WILL REMAIN A MEMORY!! GLAD YOU'RE HOME SAFE...HUGS, GRANNY "A"

Kim H said...

Welcome back! It looks like you had a great trip. Would love to hear your airplane stories sometime to see how you survived. And correction, as a Disney princess expert, the dress Abby got was Princess Aurora's (aka Rose) from "Sleeping Beauty", one of my favorites. The kids look like they had a blast and made some great memories with grandma & grandpa.

Tennisc G said...

Wow! What great memories!!! Love the snowman.

Did Oma & Opa have the long-awaited Christmas tree for William?? =)

Glad you had a good trip.

-G