Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Watermelon-Basil Sorbet

If there is one recipe you simply must try out, it is this one.  Factor in the ease of preparation and you have a winning combination. Yesterday I realized that the watermelon sitting on our counter needed to be eaten.  Like days ago.  I simply couldn't throw it away, so I ran it through my VitaMix.  I also picked a bunch of basil leaves from the garden, added some honey, sugar, and lemon juice and boiled it.  Then I strained the mix and poured it into the watermelon puree.  I let it sit overnight in the fridge, then I just ran it through my friend's ice cream maker.  (I know, this is one kitchen gadget I do not own.)  The results were spectacular!





2 comments:

Grandma A said...

YUM!! SOUNDS DELIGHTFUL..=) WISH YOU COULD SEND US SOME...=) YOUR KIDS ARE SURE GETTING A VAST VARIETY
OF NEW THINGS TO TRY....HATS OFF TO YOU MOM...=) HUGS, GRANNY "A"

Unknown said...

Wow! Looks spectacular! Yummo!
I'll have to try that sometime!
Have you ever tried a cucumber smoothie? Peel one cucumber and throw it in the vitamix. Add water, Stevia,one mint leaf, and ice. Wiz up and Viola!