Monday, April 23, 2012

Catching Up

It's been over a month since I've blogged.  No good.  It's been so busy over here that at the end of the day I really don't even want to post a picture.  I'd rather just sleep! 


Here are some pictures of the kids working on spring crafts.  Michaels has great $1 kid crafts, and I picked up a bunch for them to work on. 












John has been working feverishly in our yard, and here he is planting the grape vines.  We live on extremely hard land, so he had to rent an auger to even get the holes to plant the vines.  William was by his side pretty much the whole time!

John also planted a plum, combi apple, pear, nectarine, and peach tree in the back yard as well.  As of right now we are getting apples on one of the branches.  (Our combination apple tree is one tree with four different types of apples that have been grafted onto the main trunk.  That way the tree is able to self-pollinate...and we only have to get one tree.)

Here they are working on a special project for their Grandmas.  I'm not a fan of paint so I'm not sure why I continue to buy things that need to be painted.  I love how Abby picked pink and bright colors, whereas William couldn't get enough of the black paint!

We were able to seal our concrete one Saturday, so the Friday before John and William scrubbed it clean.  The next Saturday we locked the kids in the house and John sprayed the sealer and I went after him and rolled it out.  The results are amazing!

For Easter we went to a bbq at our friends' house.  Our kids are the youngest of the bunch, but the older kids just adore them and include them in pretty much all of their activities.


 These kids are some of the nicest kids I know!  (They are also my class for Spanish!)

My parents visited us last week, and while they were here we were able to initiate our new fire pit!  The kids were supposed to be sleeping, but I SO wanted William to see the fire that I let him stay up a bit longer and roast some marshmallows.  Abby was too tired to join us the first night, but we had another fire earlier in the evening another night and she was able to participate. 

I'm sure I'll find another picture of me prego, but this is me at 26 weeks.  We were on our way down to an Angel game, but stopped to watch the trains for a bit, then shop at Ontario Mills. 

While shopping we decided that we needed to go to Death Valley, so I booked a hotel and we left the very next day.  With temps reaching 99 (I have a picture of the truck showing 104!) it was a bit too hot for me to do much hiking (okay, for anyone to do much hiking!) but it was still a great trip.

Abby was a little freaked out posing for this picture, as she thought she was going to fall.  So William hung on to her and she grabbed his leg for extra support.

My parents had just come from Hawaii and mom bought some cukui beads for the kids to string their own necklaces. 

Here's a pretty good shot of our fire pit.  I'm hoping really soon the next fire pit picture will have green grass in the background!  I will say that I'm so happy with the way everything is turning out in our yard.  Next month makes two years since we've moved here, and I feel like we are making great progress in turning this dirt mound into something our family will enjoy for a long time! 

I have tons more pictures, and more on the way from my Mom (right, Mom?) but this will have to do for now. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pix! Your yard looks amazing!!!! Bet the sealed concrete is awesome too...what did he use?

Love Abby's pink nails... =)
Glad you had a great time with your folks.

Anonymous said...

Not sure why I can't log into my gmail account any more... so I just posted as "Anonymous"... but it's me!!
-Aunt Gina

adams7forhim said...

Love all the new pics and the update. I've missed your blog! :)

Kim H said...

Love the update! And the belly pic! Looks like a fun time with your folks.

Leah said...

We used the stuff the guy that did our concrete recommended, LifeGaurd Multi-Surface Sealer (water based). It goes on with a pump sprayer, and you roll out the puddles with a short nap roller. Pretty straightforward, you just have to wait for the right weather and no wind, which the wind is a bit of an issue here. lol..

-John

Unknown said...

Wow! You guys have been busy! Everything and everyone is looking fabulous! By next season that yard and garden is going to be a lush and delicious fruit bearing jungle! :-)
Hard to believe you've been there 2yrs already!