Friday, March 13, 2009

18 Months

On March 11 William turned 18 months. I just can't believe it. Boy, how time flies.

Yesterday he had his 18 month doctor's appointment. He's still on the very low end of the weight chart, but the doctor (a new one for us) said that he's not concerned, since this seems to be his normal. As for height - he's 33 inches, above average for his age. His eczema is still persisting, but at times seems to get better, then it flares up again. They won't do any allergy testing until he's 2 years, due to the fact that kids usually outgrow any allergies they have at this age. I'm crossing my fingers that's the case for him. I also had the doctor look at his eyes, as they seem to wander at times, especially when he's tired. His pediatrician, after a short eye exam, didn't notice anything wrong with them, but any case of strabismus must be seen by a professional, so off we go to a pediatric eye doctor for an evaluation.

He is for sure hitting the "terrible two" stage now. He has an opinion on everything, and if something doesn't go his way, he wines and complains, throws fits, and overall makes my job hard. He's not exceptionally "naughty" or anything, but if I tell him to do something he doesn't want to do, he says in a sweet voice, "no, no" and shakes his head. It's spooky, because I say "no, no" to him and he's picked right up on that.

As for me, I'm 15.5 weeks pregnant and feeling pretty good. Still dry heaving in the morning, but rarely. I've been feeling lots of fluttering for about a week or so now, so that's really cool. This baby definitely has a very different personality than William did while inside me...s/he moves all the time! Of course maybe William did t00, I just couldn't feel his movements until around 18 weeks or so. I'm anxiously waiting for April 2, as that's our next ultrasound, and we should find out the sex of the baby. Whoo hoo!!

3 comments:

Grandma A said...

YEAH!! WE'LL BE EXCITED TO HEAR "WHICH" COLOR THIS BABY IS...???...=)
AS FOR LI'L WILLIAM'S EYES, BEST JUST TO "STAY ON IT" APPROACH AND
SEE WHAT THE DR'S HAVE COME UP WITH FOR STRABISMUS THESE DAYS....I NOTICED TOO, WHEN HE WAS REAL TIRED,
HE SEEM TO HAVE LESS COORDINATION
IN TRACKING....MAYBE MAKE THE APPT FOR LATE DAY?? LOVE YA, "GRANNY A"

Alaina said...

I'm sure you can't wait to find out! How fun!

Happy Anniversary a little late! March 8 was a great day. :)

garya said...

Wow.. William is growing up so fast! I pray for you guys that God will bless your family as it continues to grow. We won't be in So. Cal. until Sept. for a youth pastors convention in Los Angeles, but... we plan to see you guys, and "hopefully" our new niece or nephew it we don't miss it. Say hi to my #1 brother! Love you guys. Gary