Thursday, March 26, 2009

Summer Preparation

In preparation for summer (and since the weather here is SO nice) I thought I'd take W swimming at a local indoor pool. I called the venue yesterday to get their hours and prices and was informed that my son needed a swim diaper.

Of course he does. He always wears a swim diaper when he's in the pool. I told that to the lady at the pool, but she was persistent that he needed a Health Department approved swim diaper - one that's cloth on the inside and plastic on the outside, and not one of those Pamper's swim diapers that are disposable.

I was a little bothered to find out that all last summer I had my son swimming in a non-health department approved diaper. For the record he didn't have any poopy accidents at the pool, but who knows if there was any pee leakage. (Pee is sterile anyway, right?) I simply didn't even know there were other and better options out there for swim diapers.

So my question is this - does anyone know of a good (reusable, I'm told) swim diaper that is Health Department approved? Where do I buy one?

2 comments:

Grandma A said...

I'D SAY CALL THE LOCAL "HEALTH DEPARTMENT", I'M SURE THEY CAN DIRECT YOU....=) I'M WONDERING HOW MUCH DIFFERENCE COULD THERE BE ONCE THEY ARE WET???? LOVE YA, "MOM"

Anonymous said...

Wow, I had no idea! I'm learning new things from your blog! Let me know what you find!