Monday, March 1, 2010

1st Word!

I'm not quite ready to jot it in the baby book yet, as this might be sheer coincidence, but here's Abby's first word. Don't hold your breath - it ain't "Mama". (No, that's not a fart at the end, just some weird sound she made with her mouth, but I laughed every time I heard that part so I just had to include it!)



This little head-scoot thing is how she gets around everywhere! She can really go pretty fast.

In other news, I tried giving her a sippy cup this past week and she sort of got the hang of it. We'll be working more with it, as I only have one bottle, so having the sippy gives me another option.

She's also getting up on all fours and doing the whole "rocking" thing. She'll be crawling before we know it! (I'm not rushing her, as I know what increased mobility will do to my sanity!)

6 comments:

Tennisc G said...

I think John is "coaching" these kids in the middle of the nite.... you're certainly due for a "Momma" with the next one!!! =)

Cute!

-Aunt Gina

Grandma A said...

OMG!! HOW IS IT THAT THEY SAY "DA-DA" AND NOT MOMMA WHEN YOU ARE WITH THEM 24/7???? TOO MUCH BUT IT'S PRETTY PLAIN......I'D WRITE IT DOWN IN THE BOOK....=)

HUGS, WE KNOW YOU DA "WOMAN" MOMMY...
LOVES YA, "MOM"

Audra said...

Oh that is way too cute! I love that she was saying it looking at John upside down too. She better bust out with Mama soon! I've already started coaching Ben on saying, "Mama!"

Anonymous said...

Oh no, not AGAIN. What's with the dada all the time?
Love you, AJ

Anonymous said...

Oh no, not another DADA! What's with these kids anyway:)

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Not another DADA! What's with these kids anyway:)
Love you guys, AJ