Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Comfort Food

I really don't like to cook.

There are so many better things to be doing each day than thinking about what the next meal is going to be. My husband recently pointed out to me that he'd like variety in his meals. Kay. (I'm usually a one-dish deal. Hey, I've got a baby-on-the-verge-of-toddlerhood under my toes all day!

The need to power search for new foods is on! I recently stole came across this recipe on the internet, Chicken Spaghetti, and thought I'd share it with you. It truly is delish!
  • 2 cups cooked chicken
  • 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
  • 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 cup finely diced green pepper
  • 1/2 cup finely diced onion
  • 1 - 4oz. jar diced pimentos, drained
  • 3 cups dry spaghetti, broken into 2 inch pieces
  • 2 cups reserved chicken broth from pot
  • 1 teaspoon Lawry's salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 additional cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
Cook 1 fryer and pick out the meat to make 2 cups. Cook spaghetti in same chicken broth until al dente. Don't overcook. When spaghetti is cooked, combine with remaining ingredients, except additional 1 cup cheddar. (Yes, add 2 cups reserved chicken broth to the mixture!)

Place mixture in casserole pan and top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until bubbly.

This also freezes well, for up to 6 months. If anyone actually tries this give a shout out and let me know how it was.

If anyone has any yummy recipes they'd like to share with me I'd love to have them!

(I'm feeling a little guilty in just posting someone else's recipe....thepioneerwoman.com is the real hero!)

No comments: